View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 04:40 AM   #6
Luvmypupster
YT 500 Club Member

My maltese Bentley does this too! I guess he speaks maltese. Anyway, he has always been so vocal my 4 year old granddaughter would say "Nonna, is Bentley talking?" And I answered her..."well...yes, he is" then she said "what's he saying" this is the kicker..at this point I realized I knew what he was saying..so I translated. It dawned on me that I was multi-lingual because I can tell her everything he saying..I understand everything he is trying to get across to me :-). Thats pretty bad. Anyway he's very spoiled mind you but he was telling me that he wanted a drink..he wanted me to go turn on the shower so he could lick the water off the shower floor. Thats his drink of choice :-). It evolved from him waiting for me to get out of the shower and he would go in and lick the water..now he's addicted to it and will hardly drink out of his bowl. Mia isn't quite as vocal. I guess Bentley has lots to say, he is the most vocal dog I have ever had. Years ago I had a Sheltie that was very smart and understood a lot of what we were saying. He listened for key words like I'm leaving, I'm going on a walk, etc. He would get real excited thinking "walk" did I hear Walk". So we had to start spelling words out like you do in front of a kid. I would say I'm going for a W..A..L..K, well that little rascal got to where he could understand what we were spelling..so we would have to be creative in what we would say...We would say thing like "I shall leave the premises momentarily" we tricked him! :-) Dogs are so much fun!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!