View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 02:59 AM   #5
elle57
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
This is the recipe I use out of Dr. Pitcairn's book.

HEALTHY POWDER

2 cups nutritional or brewer's yeast
1 cup lecithin granules
1/4 cup kelp powder
1/4 cup bone meal powder
1,000 milligrams vitamin C (ground) or 1/4 teaspoon sodium ascorbate (ooptional)

Mix all ingredients together in a 1-quart container and refrigerate.
1 to 2 teaspoons per day for cats or small dogs; 2 to 3 teaspoons per day for medium-size dogs; 1 to 2 tablespoons per day for large dogs.

I put one teaspoon of the HEALTHY POWDER on my dogs food a day along with a vitamin A and E gel cap and 10 drops of evening primrose from a gel cap. I also add one capsule of Iron. I take the capsule apart and sprinkle over the food.
Your not going to find a Vitamin that has every single vitamin and mineral in it for the dogs.
I also give mine fresh crushed garlic a few times a week in their food. Between the garlic and the brewers yeast is probably the reason mine have never had fleas either, not to mention a healthy solid diet of real food.

hi, thanks for the info, did you get all these ingredients at the health food store?
the vitamin a and vitamin e gel caps, are they the ones for humans? what milligrams do you use?
iron comes in a capsule? i take iron myself, but it is a pill. what milligrams?
what is evening primrose? what is it for? how many milligrams?
i had heard that fresh garlic and onions were no good for our furbabies. is it just onions, or is it garlic?
how many cloves do you give your baby? sammy is 6 lbs. ,so how many would i give him.
when i make this healthy powder, can i stop missing link? and multi vitamin?
i need to make him very healthy so he has a healthy and long life with me. i homecook for him and he loves it, but has gained a little weight.
sorry for all the questions, but i want to do everything right, and i know alot of people on here have very valuable information and knowledge. thanks for all your help
elle
elle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!