View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 AM   #9
Akina
YT 500 Club Member

I think it doable but your baby is too young for now to go long way.
Pee pad should be where it is close by for now until he gets the idea what the pad is for!!!
I've been lucky that Momiji gets the idea (well kind of...) and she hasn't have a lot of accidents.
Like I bring the pee pad every night when we go to sleep to my bedroom so she doesn't have to go to the regaler location. (in the living room)
But next day she got confused and she went pee in my bedroom where I put pee pad the night before but that was only the first day. (but I already moved the pad to the living room...)
And another time I put her in the kitchen with the baby gate. I don't know how but she got out but now she can't get back in....
So she pooped where the regaler pee pad location... (but pee pad was in the kitchen behind the baby gate that day....)
So she gets the concept of the location but maybe not the concept of the paper.... (granted she is a year old and we just moved to new apartment 2 weeks ago!!!)
I never had any other breed of dog so I can't compare but I don't think yorkie is that difficult to potty train.
All of my 3 yorkies were trained by 6 or 7 month old and hardly ever had an accident after they were trained.
Good luck!!!

Last edited by Akina; 09-14-2007 at 08:32 AM.
Akina is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!