Thread: Diabetes
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 08:23 PM   #7
Kahlie23
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unlove diabetes

To Mitchell:
I have recently discovered that my dog has diabetes. I started to notice signs like constant thurst and frequest urination. This was so excessive that you will notice that something isn't right. I took Kahlie to the vet to have her yearly shots and grooming and I requested that they check her urine because I thought that she had a UTI. The vet called and told me that suger showed up in her urine and wanted to get my permission to do further blood work. I said that was fine because we needed to know her suger level readings. Her suger was 450!! I couldn't believe it I am now giving her two insulin shots twice daily. We are in the progress to determine how much is right for her. She takes 7 units a day at this point although this may change. I was like you at first thinking what if they were wrong. I have the test strips here at home that check the level of K-tones in the urine. I was once again shocked to see that hers actually did. So now I am keeping a log and write down what the levels are before her injections and 2 hours after the injections. I also write down how much she eats so I will have something to report to Kahlie's vet when she goes back this Friday. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer that she is much better.
Kahlie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!