View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #16
drawlins27
Mommy's Lil' Miracle
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdoodle View Post
I have found the complete opposite in many dogs- as puppies, they need to learn that they cannot be with their owners 100% of the time- and many of the things you mention below are caused by puppies being molly coddled and not having time alone to learn to cope with that.

I understand dogs have emotions in a way- but they are not as advanced or intelligent as humans- they get stressed out and can get sadn or angry- but they will generally only pine for their owner if they feel they are on top of the pack hierarchy, as they are wondering and panicking incase THEIR pack doesnt return.
I mean no offense, but you are generalizing what you believe to be true to explain the behavior of all dogs when at 15, you don't have enough experience or explicit knowledge to accurately state why dogs behave the way they do.

Everything you have said above, has been found to be false in the empirical research. A dog who has never been left alone may or may not develop behavioral issues when suddenly left on their own. You are assuming that the behavior in dogs is a result of operant conditioning only but physiological causes are also a very important factor.

For example, separation anxiety has many causes. It can be caused by aversive experiences but there is also strong evidence that some dogs are genetically more predisposed to dependency and anxiety.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!