View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 07:39 AM   #7
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

It's a bummer to get one of "those" vets. We went through four before we found one that I really trust. I asked her to run a bile acid test for Ellie just to rule out liver problems (with no real symptoms). She said she would but would be very surprised if anything was wrong. Well, she called yesterday and said the levels are elevated so she is eating crow. She wanted to see Ellie last night (for a blood draw) and I asked if we needed an appointment with her or just a tech. She said with her because she wanted to talk to us. The appointments there are usually 10 minutes long for $23-$38. Well, we got there at 7:10 and at 7:55 she was finishing up with us with NO office fee. I was shocked. This was during normal working hours. Half the time we weren't even talking about Ellie...lol. I was also asking about a low protein diet which she said would be a good idea. She mentioned Hills L/D and I said NO THANK YOU. She didn't give me 100 reasons why I should feed Hills, she asked me why I choose not to because she is always interested when someone has such a strong opinion. Moral of the story...keep looking, you just might find the perfect vet (or move to Michigan).

I would be concerned if Ellie acted abnormally tired for more than about 3 days. And I hold Ellie like that too.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!