View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #10
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalyorkiLvr
Just what is a puppymill? The term means different things to different people. This kennel owner has a 5 year warranty against death from disease and congenital defects. His facilities look immaculate and he "talks a good line" about socialization and temperament as well as his background in breeding. I don't see how every dog would get the attention it deserves but maybe he has a karge staff who interacts with the dogs. I found this link interesting reading~ It has another link to "What you can do if you think you have discovered a puppymill". Check it out if you are interested.
Y
http://www.canismajor.com/dog/puppymil.html

Puppymill should NOT mean something different to many people but when I see posts like THIS one - it sure sends the wrong signal. I don't know ONE SINGLE person who would say THAT is acceptable living conditions for dogs.
LOOK At your OWN yorkie - would YOU want them in there ? I bet not.

Not to sound rude - I'm amazed at this post - but THAT IS A MILL. You think thats immaculate ... A DIRT FLOOR ? Long rows of CAGES is acceptable ? Dogs kept outside ?

and the worst RED FLAG - SELLING TO PETLAND.. who is the largest buyers of MILL Puppies ...That isn't enough to convince you that this is a MILL ?

OF course the guy talks a good talk - but NO one can socialize ALL THOSE dogs ...it's impossible - they just WANT OUT of the cage .....They can say whatever they want in their contracts - go try to enforce one and see what happens -

You can bet those guys have their contract written so that THEIR butts are covered and I won't believe for a minute that they sell healthy puppies - PETLAND SELLS MANY SICK PUPPIES - if they get them from THIS place - then let's do the math and say it for what it is - A PUPPY MILL making money off the backs of poor female dogs.

I can't fathom anyone defending places like this - I don't get it at all - those poor dogs have NO LIFE at all - they sit and breed and die. What kind of life is THAT?

Last edited by red98vett; 07-11-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!