View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #11
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy4 View Post
I know this is off topic but along the same lines....My daughters 7th grade assignment at a private Catholic Elementary School was to write her own obituary...I said He** NO. I know it is used in many classes to write what you see your life like and how you would want to be seen....So why not title it "My Life" and write how you see your life...not my OBITUARY!! Too morbid for me and I refused to let her participate. I asked the teacher to give her a special assignment or report to do or just flunk her, I didnt care but she WAS NOT writing her own death notice....Not at 11 years old.
Nope Nope Nope
My goodness I would not allow my children to write their own obituary. Good for you for standing up to that one! Hopfully they let her do a diffrent assignment and not dock points!

I called and asked the Principal about the alcohol and drug survey and he said that he was not aware that they had the children include church beliefs and practices and he said that Yes it would be misleading seeing children as young as second grade were drinking! He is Catholic himself and said that he was going to check more into it now that it was brought to his attention. I told him I did not want to make a big deal but gees my kids getting communion every Sunday does not mean that they are doomed to become alcoholics because they were drinking communion wine at an early age!
adorame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!