View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #12
mistyinca
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Hmmm, Mistyinca, aren't you worried that there may be a shunt without further tests? I am not saying I think there is or that you are doing the wrong thing because I think it is probably fine, but without tests I will worry about it. I just don't want to go through all the testing if it isn't necessary. You know?
No, because she has no symptoms except that she doesn't eat well, and since I switched her food, she's eating way way better and has put on lots of weight! From what I learned, the ultrasound that they wanted to do has a low probability that it would find anything unless it was a single shunt, and since her number is still in the fairly low range, it does not indicate a single shunt but probably mvd (I was told the way they treat that is with diet and lactulose anyway). I was also on another list where there was discussion of a high incidence of high tests (such as the range yours and mine are in) associated with people feeding Royal Canin. So for now, since Chloe is happy, healthy, energetic, and now eating regularly, I'm going to see how she does on this and re-test and see if there's a change. If she shows any negative health symptoms, then I will do further tests. But she is the picture of health, and that is good.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!