View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Default My son's *th grade school Survey

My oldest son Mason cam home from his 8th grade school and told me that they did a drug/alcohol survey in school. He said that he was really bothered by how they were to answer some Questions. He said that they asked if you ever tried alcohol any kind even if it was a sip so he raised his hand and asked if they wanted you to mark yes for when you take communion at church and the guy said to mark yes. so He marked it down and then they asked to put down your age that you had tried it first and my son got ticked off because he was in 2nd grade when he made his first communion!! This is for a national survey and they post ages of children start drinking!!

I agreed with my son that this was very misleading.I told him and his brothers that for now on if they are given a survey about drinking alcohol then they can ignore that they want you to put down for communion and just go with what age you are when you actually do "sneak a drink" ( that is to say if they ever do.) My Boy's are not "drinkers" just because they are catholic and start getting wine at communion!! Sorry to rant but i was kind of upset that they tell these kids that they are Drinking at age 8 for taking communion!!
adorame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!