View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 02:31 AM   #7
Kevin
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silviagirl View Post
My hubby just had a HUGE one! 10mm or so. They told him to drink lots of water, but, it didn't go anywhere. They had to surgically remove it. If you are still in pain don't wait too long. Keep buggin the Dr, and have them do the ultrasonic treatment. Unfortunatly for the hubby, that was not an option out here.

Best of luck and hope you feel better!
Yep, it hurt a whole bunch. Hopefully your stone(s) are small and dinky, and not like the boulder I had. They put me under general anesthesia (knocked me out) and went in with a laser and a 'basket'. After they were done, they put in a stent between my bladder and that kidney. It still hurt like heck after a week, but a day after I removed the stent, I was feeling like a million bucks.

Definitely drink LOTS of water. It's no surprise to me that just a hundred years ago and onwards, people died from having kidney stones. Percocet and Vicodin helped a ton, but even then there was a considerable amount of pain. Hopefully you won't have it so bad. Make sure you take ALL the antibiotics too!
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!