View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #1
Kathyw66
Yorkie Yakker

Default Yorkie Talk Thank You

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and after having my little guy for just over a week, I have been looking all over this website for various advice. This site is great and all of you who post here are so helpful.

So far, I have found toy sites and great sites to buy harnesses (which my husband wishes I hadn't), but the most helpful has been the housetraining advice and crate training advice.

The advice to take my little Teddy out on a leash to go potty was invaluable since he was wondering around so much it took forever...put the leash on bam...he takes care of business quick.

The advice I read about it being confusing to try to train to wee wee pads and outside has been right on for me although I know that for some the pads work fine. Teddy was becoming confused, but now I am only training him that outside is okay.

The crate advice was good too. He only sleeps in there when I am sleeping and on occasion he has an accident in there, but the wee wee pads are an easy cleanup. Reading that he doesn't have great physical control yet over when he goes potty was also very helpful because now I am just much more patient with it. Yesterday he didn't make one mistake in the house because of the advice to take him out every hour or two. I am lucky to be able to be home to do that I know. Last night instead of three accidents in the crate...only one!!

Anyway, a BIG THANK YOU for all of you who post such great advice!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!