View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 10:11 AM   #1
Steve
Yorkie Yakker

Default My Yorkie coughing a lot, please help! what can it be?

My Yorkie 5 month and 1 week, She's been cughing since I bought her at 3 month, I went to vet so many times and spent so much money(more than $1000) and no help. Onece she was really bad, I thought she is going to die, she was coughing a lot, non stop, was not eating, no drinking for few days,vet gave an injection of fluids under skin, antibiotic shot and few times I was brining her to that animal hospital for nebulazer treatment, also Vet game me antibiotic by mouth Cefa-Drops 1ml every 12 hrs,, and cough syrup- Hydrocodone 2 times daily, after that she fills little better, it happened when she was 3,5 month old, but she still coughing sometimes less, sometimes more, and right now she still caughing, especially at late evening, at night, and early in the morning. I fill so bad for my dog, I love her so much, and want to help but don't know how? Right now I'm giving her antibiotic: Amoxicillin 2 times daily 0.5ml, vet gave me, also Hydrocodone syrup 5mg per 5 ml, 1/2 drop fool, 2 times daily, and also I bought yesterday Robitussin DM I read on internet that Robitussin - DM cough suppressant (child dosage) will reduce coughing. (1/4 teaspoonful per 5 pounds, three times daily). I'm giving her 1ml, 3 times daily, and also I bought nebulezer machine and giving her nebulizer with Albuterol 0.083% few times daily about 3 min. I read on internet that it's maybe Kennel cough, but it should be treated with antibiotic, my dog has been taking all different kind of antibiotic and other treatment but it doesn't go away, maybe it is Collapsing Trachea? I don't know what to do, please give me any advise. Thanks
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!