View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #14
its stephyylove
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara2913 View Post
Its VERY dangerous to feed cooked bones! When cooked they become brittle and can splinter. If you can't deal with feeding raw bones, then you shoulden't be feeding bones full stop. IMO.
Really I never knew that.. my mom did a few times as a treat.. she learned it from her father who did it for his dogs when he had hunting dogs.. none of them ever had any health problems.. they all lived long happy lives.. only one died before the age of two and Prince Edward (long long long line of great beagles bred for hunting and they all had a name given to them from day one that was from their lineage) Anyways.. my mom at fifteen was feeding him and Scout and Scout bolted and she accidently left the fence open and Eddy followed her and she went accross the street to the school and he didnt make it.. the guy didnt stop either =/ but yea anyways I've never had a problem with cooked bones before.. No one in my family has either and they all have/had hunting dogs for 50+ years (some and the others have had them 15+)
its stephyylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!