View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
lilbumbleybees
YT 1000 Club Member

Exclamation Two Years Old and JUST Now In Heat

So I got my wonderful Little Lotte with the intention to royally spoil her and breed her to my Bouncer eventualy. Well 6 months old came around, and she never came into heat. But I had heard that sometimes they can take a year before they go into heat. She turned a year old and still didn't come into heat. Well she'll be two years old in Nov. this year. Last Thursday, out of the middle of nowhere, she came into heat. She'd been needy all week and I couldn't figure out why, then she started bleeding some on Thursday. We had Bouncer fixed about 4 months ago due to a good chance of him getting cancer but that's another story. I had pretty much given up on breeding Lotte when she never came into heat, I just don't think I'll EVER find the quality of Yorkie I am looking for here in town. So anyways, I'm waiting for her to get through this heat to finally go and get her fixed. But back to the point of this post. Does anyone know WHY some dogs may take up to TWO YEARS to come into heat? I searched info on Hormonal Imbalances, but found nothing. Maybe some of the breeders here can help me out with just some information. I find it sooo strange!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!