View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
AprilLove
My Three Hearts
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffy40 View Post
Hi,
I am new to Yorkie Talk. This is my first Yorkie (and small dog for that matter) I have always had large breed dogs in the past. I need house training help. I got my female yorkie Tiffy at 3 months old. Have been extremely consistent with taking her outside. She will potty on command outside and is taken out often during the day. Stays dry in her crate. Is on a formal feeding schedule - same time every day. She still will not tell me when she needs to go out. Will sneak off and potty if I do not watch her very closely. Any advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Just want to second that motion to use the bells. I don't use those particular bells, just found a cowbell at the store and tied it to a rope and used pretty much the same procedure as Kalina. Now my Yorkie uses the bell to let my other three dogs in or out when they are wanting to go! Be patient and consistent and before you know it, she will be ringing to signal to go out. Hopefully she won't do like AprilLove did at first and start ringing them every 10 minutes just to watch me jump up and open the door for her (she got over that though, thank goodness!)
AprilLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!