View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 AM   #1
willie22
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Kennel Training....New owner..Help!

Hello. We are new yorkie owners and want to ensure we are doing the best and right thing when it comes to training. We picked up Willie last Thursday, he is 9 weeks old and is VERY smart. He has been really good about going potty outside, but one thing is he HATES his crate. I am sure this is pretty normal for new babies, but was wondering if there is some trick to this? Sounds crazy, but our breeder played country music to the pups when they were going to bed and now he HAS to have it on to sleep, it is kind of funny. But, our question is should we take him out every time he cries in his kennel, after he has been in there awhile to go potty? Should we tell him "No" when he starts to cry after we put him in there? I have just heard eventually they LOVE the crate, and at this point I am not sure if he will ever like it? Is there any pointers anyone can give a newbie to yorkie ownership? Last night he had his 1st accident in his crate, and we just want to make sure we are doing the right procedures to get him fully potty trained. Thanks everyone for any info you can pass one.

Have a great day-
willie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!