View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 06:18 AM   #1
TobysOwner
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Morgan is doing so well with the litter box!

Morgan is our morkie and she is now 6 months old. I decided to train her to use a litter box. I'm not sure if anyone else has trained their dogs to use one but I have to say I was a little skeptical. I mean seriously will she really learn to use it?! Well, I am happy to say she has! She goes to the box everytime. I am so amazed how quickly she caught on. I kept her blocked off in a small area but recently gave her run of the house. We still put her in her kennel when we leave or at night because she terrorizes Bailey, our cat. I'm hoping that as she gets older she'll lay off Bailey and be able to run around the house while we're gone or sleeping.
I had just switched jobs right before we brought her home and I would be working 10 hour days. I almost didn't get her but I had her picked out since she was a week old. I visited her once a week until we brought her home. I just had to go ahead and get her, I was already too attached. A friend recommended litter box training that way eventually, if my children (21 & 18) or husband aren't home for the day and I am working she won't be stuck not being able to go to the potty.
I just wanted to post in case anyone is considering using a litter box but just wasn't sure if it works. I can tell you that it does!
TobysOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!