View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
Bama Yorkie Mom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default warning about q-tips

Hubby had laid a couple of qtips on our deck table to use on some tiny stripping made on labor day and he left one and apparently it blew off on the deck. Well, apparently maggie found it (its the kind with the plastic and cotton ends), and she had to chew it and swallow the plastic. maybe it got hung and she couldnt spit it out but it got into her. She was so sick and threw up 10 or so times Thursday night. matter of fact, hubby finally got down in the floor about 1:30 am and laid down on the rug and had put her in her little bed petting her as I was cleaning up places all over the kitchen where she had just stopped and threw up when we saw her. She finally was just throwing up white thick stuff and almost was choking on it, it was so thick. I gave her some nutrical a few times and she finally quit and we went on to bed. Friday she seemed to be ok, but maybe not feeling quiet up to par but she ate good. This morning he came in and said he and maggie was on the deck and she farted, lol, and it smelled horrible and he put her down and noticed she ran out into the yard and pooped and he said he almost gagged and went out to ck to see about her as she was dragging her behind when he noticed something white in her poop and he said it looked like a qtip. so he got it out with a stick and cked it and sure enough, it was a qtip she had eaten and I bet thats what made her so sick thursday and he thinks it blocked her bowels and couldnt get it out. I had given her a bath yesterday, and now I gave her another and she is so much more lively. So Please, Please, if you use the plastic /cotton qtips, be careful . I keep everything picked up off the floors to make sure she dont get the wrong thing in her mouth here. I figured she must of gotten something from the yard that didnt agree with her.
He never leaves things in the floor either so the qtip had to blow off the table after he came in or when he wasnt looking. I'm just glad her poo smelled so bad it made him ck it to see what could of made anything smell that bad. he said hes never smelled anything that bad but maybe some dead animal after it laid somewhere after dying for a few days. gawd, thats bad.
sorry this is a long post.
Bama Yorkie Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!