Thread: Training Class
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
yorkieK9trainer
YT 1000 Club Member

Right here, and prong collars.

Yeah, I know I'm gonna catch heat from some! lmao, and that's quite alright. Anyone here is MORE THAN WELCOME to give me a call or come and watch me work and I'd be more than happy to show you how "evil" (sarcasm people, sarcasm) it is to use these mideval looking collars.

These collars when used properly are a great training asset. Regardless of popular belief, if you can also injure a dog on a harness. So, I recommend that you go to an experienced trainer and have them show you how to use the collar properly and your little one will be JUST FINE.

btw, I'd like to mention that I've had little 3lb Yorkies/Chihuahuas and so on wearing these collars.

Each dog is different. Some do need them, others just simply benefit from them. And then there are some that have such thin or sensitive skin that you simply cannot have them wear a training collar period.

Some like to use treats and a clicker, others just like to use a leash and collar.

Count me in the leash and collar group. Although I'm glad there are multiple training methods out there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leslie and nemo1.jpg (54.3 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by yorkieK9trainer; 09-08-2007 at 11:09 AM.
yorkieK9trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!