View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 06:25 AM   #10
jwash
YT 500 Club Member

Default Hello

Welcome. My husband just retired from the Jacksonville, Fl Fire Dept after 38 years. I retired 5 years ago and got my yorkies about one year ago, give or take a month or two. Your wife and you are going to be delighted with your choice of a yorkie. I never had one and now I would never not have one. In fact, I got another one when Chloe was 6 months old. I've been a member of this website just a few weeks but have learned a tremendous amount. I got a book on yorkies and found it extremely helpful, to this day. It's called Your Yorkshire Terrier's Life but am sure there are many others. I recommend also that someone take a few days off at the beginning or get your puppy on Fri so there is someone with him/her for a few days in a row. Although I believe they are fine with being alone, they do love attention and will need transition security. If your puppy does not come with Nutrical, buy some or Karo syrup. Often, especially tinies, get hypoglycemic quickly and you will want it on hand. I'm sure your breeder will tell you, buy high quality food, I like dry food, keep it out 24/7 along with water. Have fun
jwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!