View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
For My Coby
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Exclamation FREE Poison Hotline

There are several poison hotlines out there, but they all cost $35-$55 just to find out your pup is fine. On the United Yorkie Rescue website http://www.unitedyorkierescue.org/ , they list the following FREE hotline. I have not called it to confirm it's current, but I'm sure that UYR would not list it if it weren't.

I apologize it this has been listed previously, but it's a good reminder nonetheless.

POISON HOTLINE FOR PETS! - 5/24/2007
Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital is offering a FREE 24 hours poison control hotline for pet owners and veterinarians. 1+785-532-5679 is the number and the service has been available since 1969. Dr Oehme, a vet and professor in toxicology and pathology oversees the hotline. Dr Oehme offers these suggestions:

- Be patient. The person answering the phone may have to take a few minutes to consult the vet on duty.
- Call as soon as possible. Immediate attention might save your animal. But waiting to see if there is a reaction could cost your animal their life.
- Have any product labels available for answers. The vet might need to know milligrams and generic names.
- Know your pet. Drooling could only mean he is thrilled to see you!
- Know that the toxicologists are also taking calls from vets about other animals and other problems, including those problems with large animals.
For My Coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!