View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 05:40 AM   #15
sophiedog
YT Addict

Rose

Hospitals all almost always suck! I like Baptist Hospital in Corbin though. I got in touch with the head of nursing in Baptist in Lexington (that was not my only bad experience there) she was most apologetic and said that the head nurse had no business butting in, the decision should have been between my doctor and my nurse. I never had the patch before because I always go to Baptist and they discuss smoking up front during admission, if the doctor says it's ok, you can sign out to smoke and sign back in when you're done, you can go outside for walks if you get clautrophobic (which I am) or you can get a patch and mild anxiety reducers. I guess I'm just use to them and thought a Baptist hospital is a Baptist hospital. I had some specific requests, backed by my doctor - bed next to the window if at all possible and a regular diet, I don't weigh a hundred pounds soaking wet and need all the carbs and stuff I can get. Neither request was honored and I told that to the head of nursing who then passed me off to the head of admissions.
Oh well, guess the important thing is that the problem is fixed and I'm back home recovering with Lida Rose. While I was gone she apparently had a reaction to the front line the vet gave her and her hair is slowly falling out. Poor baby. She acts just fine and the vet said it will grow back. Apparently she's old enough for it just maybe not big enough yet!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!