View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte's Mom View Post
I'm (almost) completely convinced that Latte's allergies are environmental. Does anyone else have this conviction? The leg chewing and paw licking are really bad right now. She also scratches her armpits and neck. I give her Baby Benedryl at night to sleep, but is there anything else anyone's tried? I'm considering trying another vet to get some new ideas. I have NOT resorted to prednisone again, that's for sure! Any thoughts?
Layla also has seasonal Allergies.. at the end of June, begining of June the dandilions were fluffying and her allergies were horrible... chewing her paws her eyes were watering Excessively!!! and she has just started up again in the last week... chewing... not the eyes yet thank god. i try and keep her inside, if they get SO bad i'll resort to the baby benadryl to give her some relief but i REALLY try and advoid that. i've read SO many book on natural remedies and cna't find very much for allergies... most talk about food allergies... i won't go to the vet about it because he will put her on meds.. and i dont' want to do that... i have to find a new vet!!! but its hard to find one in my city that is not "traditional" you might try an oatmeal bath to relieve the itching.. if you can avoid it i'd stay away fromt he prednisone... but i know it is hard to watch them suffer... at least now i know what her triggers are and can try and keep her away from them... we are very excited for fall/winter!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!