View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #13
yorkie mama 07
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused Timmy

Thank you everyone. We still don't know what is going on. Timmy had x-rays today which showed that his trachea was fine but that his heart is enlarged. I am going to be taking him to a cardiologist to see if she can figure out why. The vet today said it could be a congenital problem, but also may be enlarged from the stress of the constant coughing. If the latter is the case it should go away after the cough does. But the cough is getting worse not better. There was some clouding in his lungs but he thinks it is cardiac related too. I am going to take the x-rays to another vet that I have taken my cocker to. He has been around forver and has seen it all. Maybe he will have an idea.I also found out today that he has hook worms that they found in July but never told me the results and so now i am treating him for that. He has been on Sentinal so he said that may have already taken care of them. He has been sick from the day I got him. I am hoping that we can get him well so that we will finally be able to truely enjoy him. Right now he has so much trouble with the coughing that we can hardly walk him or play with him and he is only 5 months old. If anyone has a Yorkie who has had heart issues or chronic lung problems let me know.
yorkie mama 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!