View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winstin07 View Post
Winstin will be three months on Monday so he went to vet and got distemper shot and rabies vac. Both on his right side. Distemper was on his front leg and rabies on his back. I am nervous because I can not hold him or pick him up or he yelps. Have your Yorkies done this with shots. I did call my vet and they said it should get better in a few hours. His shots were 4 and a half hours ago. I do trust them I just need to hear from others what they have went through to put my mind at ease. He is sleeping and does not react much if I pet him or talk to him. He did drink a little water when we first got home. He has a rough day because I gave him a bath, blow dried his hair and trimmed hair on bottom of his paws before we went to vet. He is probably exhausted. Do I just need to relax????

Jen
My baby boy was like that too! My vet now gives him a mild pain killer before he gets his vacs to help alleviate the pain he will feel later... my other guy has no pain at all... like he didnt get anything at the vets... it just depends on the baby! Just cuddle and baby him today, by tomorrow he should be good!

The shots can make them tired and lethargic, and I think the smaller they are, the harder they fall!

Last edited by celstu1; 09-07-2007 at 11:55 AM.
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!