View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
Sookie
My Four Sweet Babies
Donating Member

Default Went to the Vet today

I took Kalina to the Vet today for her Health Certificate - we're flying next Friday!!

When I weigh Kalina on my kitchen scale she is 4 lbs. 3 ozs. When the Vet weighed her today she registered 3 lbs. 8 ozs. That's a big difference but I think my kitchen scale is more accurate.

The Vet checked Kalina and said she has very mild LP in one knee only - not bad enough to give another thought to and otherwise she is very healthy. Still it bothers me. I wonder if there is anything I can do or give her to help with the condition??

Also, the Vet told me that Kalina needs to be spayed as soon as her largest tooth is replaced with the new one - usually around 6-7 months old. That is to avoid having her go into heat at all, which I don't want her to do since I worry about breast cancer. He said if she is spayed BEFORE she has her first heat there is zero chance she will have breast cancer. Otherwise, there is a chance. He also said that putting the tube down her throat in no way is compromised if she has collapsing trachea. I didn't know that. Does anyone have any information to the contrary with regard to anything my Vet told me?

This wasn't my usual Vet and I wasn't real crazy about him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!