View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #13
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz View Post
Oh goodness, I just called yesterday to get my surgery scheduled for October 8th. I've read about the "dumping" and read an old forum on the internet between a lot of people who all had their gallbladders taken out. Some were perfectly fine after a week like nothing had ever happened and others had a similar "itchy" feeling where the incision in the belly button was in addition to other things. My doctor said that a high carb/low fat diet would be necessary. But with the "dumping syndrome", I don't know if this would make a difference or not. Maybe you could jot down little notes about what and when you eat and on a seperate note pad write down every time you have an "episode".....then see if there is a connection.
i have to tell you that what i am dealing with now... is 100 Times better than the pain before surgery! My incisions still itch and i had mine done in June, but i've been putting Vitamin E on them which helps SO much! i'd say the worst pain from the surgery wasn't even the incisions but that pain you might or might not have in your shoulders from the gas they put in your stomach. i'm so glad i had it done and i know you will be too!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!