View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 05:24 AM   #7
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Taylor View Post
Ok, as a nurse and a post cholecystectomy patient myself, I need just a little more information. Is whatever you are eating causing pain or is it sending you to the potty? If it is making you go to the potty right after you eat and giving you crampy, loose stool, this may be dumping syndrome. It's very common after GB surgery. It's been over 10 years since my surgery, and I still have it some...not nearly as often as I used to, though. And I can't tie it to certain foods, although I've tried. For me, it happens really quickly...hubby is used to sitting at the restaurant table alone to finish his meal while I dash to the bathroom for 10-15 minutes. If this is what you are experiencing, I recommend doing a web search for "cholecystectomy" or "gallbladder surgery" and "dumping syndrome". Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Heather
Hey Heather.. yup that's my problem for me it is time of day.. this morning i just had 3 crackers a cup of tea and a banana and i'm still bothered by it.... i'll go look up what you sugested! thanks!!! i have to have a scope later next month with the same surgeon who did the surgery... i'll be sure to let him know.. see what he says. Thanks again! glad to know it is normal!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!