View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
myyorkies8
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Yorkie baby needing your prayers...

1 of my four babies is going to loose her foot...they had their dew claws removed and hers got infected and the mommie started chewing...she is to tiny to have surgery and i have it wrapped with antiobiots and am praying for a miracle...they say they don't think it an be saved...but were trying anyway....i have her in a shoe box with a soft fleece blankie and a stuffed yorkie and i let her nurse on mommie every 2-3 hours and she has to stay in her box next to me....the mommie will make it worse if i let her stay with her....i am heartbroken over this and i have to tell the new family that picked her out yesterday the bad news in the morning...i will kep her and love her no matter what....i have been breeding for years and have never had this happen before....i have lost puppis at birth , but to loose a front foot....has anyone on here ever had this happen? she is the smallest little girl that i have ever had and im sure she will adjust since this happend at a early age.
i'm considering not having dew claws removed anymore...i had a baby die from the tail docking before...and now this...my vet didn't stitch all the way and the poor thing bleed to death...not knowing it till it was to late...with the mommie always licking we never realized it till it was to late. i have anouther litter due any time and i'm afraid to even have anything done to them...i know i have to,but just the idea of this posably happening again scares me.
just had to let the yt know what was going on and pray for my babies.

tricia
myyorkies8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!