View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffy40 View Post
Hi,
I am new to Yorkie Talk. This is my first Yorkie (and small dog for that matter) I have always had large breed dogs in the past. I need house training help. I got my female yorkie Tiffy at 3 months old. Have been extremely consistent with taking her outside. She will potty on command outside and is taken out often during the day. Stays dry in her crate. Is on a formal feeding schedule - same time every day. She still will not tell me when she needs to go out. Will sneak off and potty if I do not watch her very closely. Any advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
ah the woes of potty training. LOL it sounds like your doing a great job so far. Its hard to get them to give you a signal when they have to pee. Morgan would sneak off to the farthest place from me in the house and pee. she didn't really have a sign except to stare at me which she does a lot anyway. SO now, i rigged up bells on the door we go out to go potty. i got them here www.poochiebells.com . for the first week i'd ask her if she had to go potty then walk over to the door with her, take her paws and ring the bell. she didn't really like using her paws so i held the bells out to her and she booped them with her nose. after a week she started running to the bells and booping them herself then running back over to me. she hasn't had an accident in the house since
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!