View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #9
bear bears gram
Yorkie Talker

Hello again everyone!!

Thank you so much for all of your replies. I found a website http://www.naturalcanine.com/ that I really like after alot of researching. I am very pleased so far with the results I am getting.

I have been feeding bear bear a control diet which consists of... and this is a direct quote that was emailed to me

"Hello - we provide the diet with the supplements when they are purchased, however the control diet is very simple. You can feed it for 2 weeks with no other supplements, then you need to begin to balance the diet with our herbal multivitamin. (this is the one thing you should purchase from us because it is herbal and has natural vitamins and will balance the diet.

Control diet

Rice and cottage cheese (low fat)

The basic ratio is 1 part cooked rice to 1 part cottage cheese (1-4% fat OK)

Do not feed ANY other kind of cheese.

So if he eats 1 cup per day of the current food, his meal would be 1/2 cup cooked rice and 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

Look for a cottage cheese with no preservatives (any organic brand from a health food store or Friendship brand sold in many regular markets)

After 2 weeks you need to begin adding other ingredients like chicken (cooked) and grated carrots. ONLY ADD 1 AT A TIME and wait 3 or 4 days before adding the other - this is important. You need to wait several days to make sure there is no reaction.

The final meal (after 2 weeks) would look like this:

1/2 cup rice (cooked)
1 small carrot finely grated into the rice when cooking
1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped
1/2 teaspoon flax or 1 tsp olive oil
1 teaspoon Herbal Multivitamin

Our Skin and Itch Homeopathic remedy is excellent. If you can afford these 2 items, buy them.

Herbal Multivitamin
Skin and Itch Remedy"

I have been feeding him the control diet and also been adding colloidal silver, a bit of salt coz he is always licking my fingers and a bit of chopped garlic. I kept the corona salve on him constantly and I am bathing him in a combination of shampoo... natural chemisty de flea shampoo and Veterinary formula oatmeal and tea tree oil infuser. And giving a 1/4 of baby aspirin twice a day as I noticed he had a fever. His little forehead was so hot and when he licked me so was his little tongue, hot, not warm like usual... he is sooooooo much better. The bright pinkness is now normal color again and he has not been scratching at all.

I noticed one time when trying to put the corona salve on that his ear on the inside was red, so I thought, well, maybe it is an ear infection. I had some zymox-e med and have put that in every 12 hours and the redness in his ear is gone too.

He loves the rice and cottage cheese mixture with the salt and garlic and colloidal silver and you can tell he feels 100 percent better. The scabby / flaky skin has also lightened up. usually I bathe him and the next day it is back. it is a little flaky now, but the scabby bumps seem to be gone and he seems so much more content.

I was reading on one of the websites I came across how when you go natural that the puppy can seem to be worse or like it isn't working because all of the toxins are leaving the body. I got to thinking about that because 2 weeks ago I switche to the nutro natural food and i am thinking maybe that is part of it.

As I said though, I am following the control diet now mentioned above and bear bear seems to be more content and resting easier and not scratching.

I check him constantly now for those little seed ticks and get them off. The tea tree shampoo seems to work wonders for him.

The website I mentioned www.NaturalCanine.com has alot of helpful information. The one thing it talked about was "toxic dog syndrome" http://www.naturalcanine.com/html/toxic_dog.html

I read that and thought omg... sounds like bear bear... and I remember telling my daughter that bear bear didn't seem to have the scabby flaky skin until after the vet visit and getting shots, heart worm med etc.

I also checked out the site http://www.chrissystems.com/peace.htm that one of you suggested and that confirmed my decision to try the colloidal silver that I use. Thank you soooo much for giving me that website.

All in all, I am relieved to say the least, bear bear is resting peacefully, comfortably and is more content and symptoms have improved 100 percent it seems in just 2 days of this type of treatment.

Anyone else having these same problems, I would suggest both of these websites to look at and to find out information on what the chemicals are doing to our babies. It even has formulas for flea and tick... it's a great site well worth checking out.

thanks again ya'll,
hugs
bear bears grammy and the rest of the gang
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!