View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 09:09 AM   #13
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I am praying for your Irish...I know what you are going through, as I went through this about 3 yrs ago...Everything will be okay if you get her on the right protocol. What kind of food did they put Irish on? She looks like such a sweetheart.What kind of testing did they do, if I may ask? Please join the liver shunt and mvd group on yahoo groups: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/L...d_MVD_Support/
Tell them your situation and what you've been through, and you will get a ton of helpful advice. Also, they have an extensive amount of information in their FILES section. Please join the group.
If you have any questions at all regarding liver shunt or liver disease, please don't hesitate to ask.
Did they put your baby on lactulose or any supplements like denosyl or milk thistle? These are very important for liver compromised dogs. Lactulose helps absorb toxins and push them out of the body so that they don't have seizures. Also, the denosyl and milk thistle help protect the liver from further damage and help regenerate the parts that are damaged. They help the liver function properly.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!