View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #11
bellaismybaby
Donating Yorkie Yakker

When I was thinking about getting another one, it was for the same reason. To keep Bella company. She was almost 1 when I got Izzie. It was difficult at first. I really wanted to pay attention to Izzie since she was just taken away from her mom, dad, and litter mate. But, at the same time I didn't want to ignore Bella. To be honest, it was really tough for a couple of weeks. I felt guilty and wondered if I made the right decision.
Bella had always slept with me, when Izzie came home and moved in on her (my) bed Bella got really hurt and went and layed on the family room floor. She had never done this, I felt soooo bad. I went and got her and really gave her a lot of attention.
It has been a couple of months now and they are GREAT together!! They play a lot and cuddle. Of course, they still both want my attention, but I don't feel and torn and guilty as I did. I can love them both at the same time and they are OK.
I must admit taking them is harder at times. Izzie is still little, so she doen't do as well on a leash. She will walk fine on it, I am just more nervous about other people or dogs around her. So, I tend to carry her or put her in a carrier. Eventually I can see it getting easier as she gets bigger.
Honestly it has not been a piece of cake.....but worth it!!!!
Good luck with your decision....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!