View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

I know people do not like animal research, me being one of them. However it is necessary unfortunately. The tubes they are talking about sound like a reverse feeding tube basically, which isn't a horrible scientific torture device. The dogs sound very well taken care of for a research facility. I've seen and heard worse. I've worked for and gone on interviews for animal testing pharmaceutical facilities and if all of them looked like these sounded i'd probably would have worked in one of them honestly. sure, i don't like the fact that the labs were funded by Hills and Nestle Purina because i think it means that they are only researching for these companies benefits and not the benefit of dog health in general. I don't see them researching, feeding, and creating foods like the ones most of us here feed.

I wish these types of nutritional facilities would research ALL types of food that we feed out pets, including the high end types like merricks, canidae, solid gold, and even the raw diets (commercial and prey-model). I would love to see these foods tested at UC-Davis and U of I, but i doubt they are, and if they are i doubt the information will be shared with the general public because of the companies that are funding these programs.

its a shame honestly because the funding companies only want to create and research foods that will benefit themselves, which means more processed foods from Hills, Purina, and Iams...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!