View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 04:17 AM   #1
Ringo
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default More Questions About Poop

I've never talked about poop so much in my life.

I've had my pup a little over a week and he's doing better than I expected.
I have him on sort of a schedule and he seems to be getting the peeing outside part fairly well. I used treats which I'm not sure if that's good or not, but it seemed to help associate the peeing outside with a good thing. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. LOL

My problem is this, I tried to get him to use pads at firs,t but he's a shy guy and never wants to poop around me. It's always goes behind a bush or something. So, I decided to just train him to do all his business outside. The pads just didn't work for me. Well, for the past 4 days somehow he makes a mad dash to my front bathroom and takes a poop on my bathmat in front of my shower. I really don't know how I should use this to my advantage. I want him to go outside ultimately all the time. He goes outside 70% of the time because I take him at just the right times. Should I move this mat near a door? Or should I move it to another part of the house that's more private like a laundry room? I don't want to encourage him to go in the house, but then again if it helps him learn I will do it. How could I get him to go on a wee pad by using the bathmat to get him started? Or should I at all? I just don't know what to do!

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't want to confuse the poor guy. I have put bells on my door and hit them when I take him out. Like I said, it's only been a week and I'm not expecting too much at this stage, but I want to be on the right track with consistency. He's 13 weeks old now.

Thanks!
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!