View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 05:50 PM   #15
Sookie
My Four Sweet Babies
Donating Member

Kalina eats the frozen raw diet - either Primal or Natures Variety. I give her the 1 oz nuggets the same as Lacy gets, except she only gets 1 1/2 1 oz. nuggets in the AM and the same in the PM. She weighs 4 lbs. I let her free feed on the Natures Variety kibble and, for variety, I sometimes give her the NV freeze dried, which costs $25/bag!! The freeze dried is meant as a supplemental meal, a training aid, or for feeding when traveling, etc. Kalina goes crazy over this food. She eats it - well today my daughter and I counted and it took her 18 seconds to eat her meal. It really does NOT look like a lot of food, but there are no grains in either product!! It is very close to what they would eat in a natural environment.

You asked about the smell. Not stinky at all!! It has an unusual smell (the freeze dried) but it's not a bad smell and it's not a potent smell...just different.

She likes this food WAY WAY better than the homecooked diet I had her on and it's very convenient and easy - thaw and eat!! So far I've given her the lamb, but will try other stuff later - like the rabbit or venison.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!