View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
genie
Loves Hannah & Gracie
Donating Member

Default WARNING...everyone should read this

Today I was rubbing Hannah and I felt a little bump. When I looked closer it was a little white thing attached to her skin, then I looked and they were everywhere on her. I pulled about 25 off in a matter of minutes. They looked like very very very tiny white ticks. I took her to the vet and they said they were seed ticks. I had never heard of seed ticks but I took Hannah (only Hannah and not Bentley-thank goodness) to the farm yesterday evening and she ran through the weeds. Well when we got home last night I rubbed through her coat to feel for any tick and I looked as well. I did not feel anything or see anything, but these are so small that it is very hard to feel, or they may not have been attached yet. I know that some of you have already heard of seed ticks because I did a search. I have spent the last 4 hours pulling probably 500 of these seed tick off her. I did use the orvitrol spray on her followed with a flea and tick shampoo, and I think that it killed them, but they were still attached, so I had to manually pull them off. I have attached some pics of the seed ticks attached and pics of them on a piece of scotch tape. I know it is gross but it is the nasty reality of what can happen......YUCK...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seed ticks on Hannah.jpg (31.5 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0590.JPG (49.2 KB, 193 views)
genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!