View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Default Struggling a bit today

Today would have been my grandmother's 104th birthday. She died at the end of February of a broken heart. Her heart was broken when one of my uncles - 1 of grandma's 6 children died. She had lived 103 1/2 years & still had all her children.

I'm missing my grandma & confused about what to do this weekend when my family gathers for a picnic. This normally would have been for grandma's birthday party - but its been renamed a family reunion.

I want to take my 2 yorkies with me to the picnic, but I'm afraid my family will just think I'm nuts. I've been reading the thread from ilovelouie who was hurt by her niece who doesn't understand her passion for her dogs. I feel so much the same.

I hate having to go to work and leaving them at home (I got them when I worked form home & then later my employer changed my job description) - so when the weekend comes & I have to go to church & run errands, I really hate having to be gone any other times without my babies.

Especially, I feel awful going to a park (where the picnic will be held) without them - I feel like I'm betraying them if I'm in the great outdoors & they are looked up at home.

I don't know what to do....... (Even though it may be hard to hang onto the dogs & eat) And the other thing is I am really getting comfort from the dogs as I deal without my grandmother & don't want to be empty from that. (Plus, I'm a single mom & just sent my daughter off to college 11 hrs away - this is my 1st week without her & I really wish I was with her this weekend as she debuts as a featured baton twirler at their football game tomorrow. .... Trying not to through a pity party for myself )

I'm even taking the dogs with me in the car today when I go to the cemetery to leave flowers. I should add that grandma was sharp as a tack up to her last days & very vibrant & just the kindest, sweetest, smartest lady you would ever want to know.

I'm kind of feeling lost.........

Last edited by yorkiesmiles; 08-31-2007 at 12:30 PM.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!