View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
mrlmonroe
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis View Post
I was worried about my new puppy's ears because it looked as if one would stand up but not the other one. When I carried him to the vet for shots I asked him about it. He told me to wait a couple of months before I got worried about the ears but if they didn't stand up he had found if you put a tiny drop of super glue on the inside of the ear and mashed the sides together they would stand up and by the time the drop of super glue wore off the ears would be standing. This sounds like a much simpler solution that taping. Hope this helps.
that's so funny - and I could see it working....

We superglued paper to the insides of her ears a long time ago, that only worked while the paper was in her ear, then when I took them out they flopped.

So what has worked this time is just plain old masking tape. Works like a charm. You wrap it around the middle of the ear, after you have squeezed them together so that they are straight/upright. Wrap the masking tape around the middle of that a couple of times.....stays on for quite a few days.

First, though, have the ears shaved very close, a third of the way down the ear.....that's what really helps.
mrlmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!