View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
miabellaamoure
♥YORKIERESCUE.com♥
Donating Member

Default Warning...Bella's Night of Explosive Diarrhea & Projectile Vomitting

What a night we had...first it started with my son forgetting to tell me that Bella had vomited in the morning before I left for work and then when I returned home from work, he forgot to mention that she had had about 5 liquidy stools during the day... grrr!

So, off I went to my craft club and when I returned there was an array of piddle pads with poop stains on ALL of them like polka dots...yuck ! Questioning him further...I learned that she obviously hadn't been feeling well all day long...kids, grrr!

Well, from there on out...I was up with poor Bella ALL night long, every hour on the hour she was going from both ends. It's been so long since my kids have been little I forgot what "Projectile" vomiting could be like...not fun Funny thing was that she would jump into the shower to do her duty...yuck...but, it was a lot easier to clean up that way, too. I think I bathed her bootie about 20 times last night!

Needless to say...we were parked outside the Vet's office as soon as they opened! Lucky for me...she did all her tricks for the Vet to see for himself...ick! She lost 1 lb 3 oz from all that business, too! As much as I really didn't want to leave her...I knew she needed the IV hydration and the meds to cool down her stomach plus, I'm so exhausted I literally feel like a walking zombie...not a pretty sight

For now, the Vet is having me call back at 4 o'clock to see how she does with the hydration and than he'll decide if we need to send out her blood to check into other things. For right now, he's suspecting that she might have ingested an insect or poison...the latter is what I'm really worried about since our neighborhood has been plagued with rats with all the new building of houses in our area...scary

Has anyone had experience with rat posion? I was just wondering what the symptoms would be. Her diarrhea was soooo foul smelling and so was her vomit. Infact, her stools and her vomit were really "grainy", too...almost like "sand"...does that sound odd?

Oh well, if anyone has any thoughts...I'd appreciate hearing any! Please keep Bella in your thoughts today...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!