View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 10:49 AM   #6
wemple2
Wee Winston Wiggles
Donating Member

Sometimes I think Winston came trained...but I know better, as the breeder had told me he had never gone potty outside. But to my amazement he was trained the very first day to potty outside only...he has never had a single accident in the house, I really think he would explode before he would potty inside.
My secret is...DO NOT TAKE YOUR NEW PUPPY IN THE HOUSE UNTIL AFTER YOU TAKE THE PUPPY OUTSIDE AND GOES POTTY THERE...IT MAY TAKE AWHILE BUT EVENTUALLY THE PUPPY WILL GO POTTY OUTSIDE...MAKE IT A BIG DEAL WITH PLENTY OF PRAISE AND TREATS...ONLY THEN DO YOU TAKE THE PUPPY INTO YOUR HOME.
This little tidbit of advise was given to me by a dog trainer, before I got Winston...I was so worried about training him as his brother was very difficult to train and had many accidents in the house, it was terrible!!! She told me to do this the moment we brought him home, they are eager to please...and once they know where to go they will always go there to make you happy. It worked for me...I hope others use this advise...I know I will with any future puppies, as Winston was a dream to train.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!