View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
Izzy Princess
Therapy Dog
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie2006 View Post
Rather than think diet, think healthy.

Eat food high in protein, high in fiber and moderate in complex carbs. Whole grains, fruits and vegies, high fiber bread and cereal, lean meat. Try to eat 35 grams of fiber per day and limit calories to 1200-1600/day. Don't go below 1200 calories a day. Avoid anything white like white bread, regular pasta, white rice. Choose whole grain/brown versions instead. No eating after 7:30 pm. If you can't stand that, try one of the fiber one cereal bars. Try and get 30 minutes of exercise every day. Last but not least, the scale lies. Muscle weighs more than fat. If you are building muscle and losing fat, the scale could say you are gaining weight. Trust the tape measure and how your clothes fit instead.
OMG - that's what I'm doing and I've lost 30 pounds already and want to lose 10 more by Xmas and then I'll be a happy camper. Only thing is I stop at 8:30pm and the best thing for late night and good for you too is to make soy smoothies....yum...don't make faces...I did too until I found the low fat 8th Continent vanilla soy (8oz); then add handful of whatever fruit you want (fresh or frozen), 2T of low carb protein powder (like Suzanne Sommers); 1T of concentrated OJ, add some fiber powder and whirl away....sometimes I add 1 container of the Dannon Lite and Fit Yogurt since it's only 60 calories. Fills you up and then you don't munch on junk in the evening while watching TV. I also use the Fiber One ceral with Kashi Go-Lean and their waffles, etc. Also working out is key and then I'm also doing the 6 small meals a day with 1300 calorie limit...it does work - just pick out the low fat; high protein, fiber, water and you can do it!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!