View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
Graleyne
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Cry I'm not sure what to do

I told my 4 yr old to clean up her room. Nothing major, she just needed to pick her crayons up and put them back in the box, and she had a few other little toys that she needed to put where they belong. Nothing she couldn't handle, nothing she hasn't done 100 times before. Well, she had a complete meltdown because I told her she had to pick them up.

I mean she is throwing herself on the floor SOBBING and kicking her feet because I told her to pick up those toys and crayons. If she would just do it, it honestly would take less than 5 minutes.

Because of the tantrum, I took her blanket away (its a security blanket that she still drags everywhere with her except to school). I told her she could have her blanket back when she calmed down and when she picked up her room like I'd asked.

Taking the blanket has just made the screaming and crying WORSE. So now I am stuck. I don't want to give the blanket back because I don't want her to think she can scream and cry and get her way. At the same time, I think maybe I shouldn't have taken the blanket being that is her security blanket. She is crying so hard she has thrown up and she is showing no signs of stopping.

My two older kids never acted like this, and even my 4 yr old has never done it to this degree before. I honestly don't know what to do.

I don't want to give in to her, but yet she is making herself sick (literally) from screaming and crying.

Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!