View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #12
yorkiekist
YT 3000 Club Member

Default fading puppy

I always use nutrical for fading puppies as they seem to have hypo-glycemic problems. My vet said that sometimes in tiny puppies, the heart/liver ratio is wrong, and as the puppy grows, the heart/liver cant keep up and eventually the puppy dies. I have had a few die at older ages like 8 and 10 weeks old. Yes, I had every test under the sun done and they found nothing. I hand fed the puppies to no avail. Nothing seemed to work. The nutrical only kept them alive. I had major problems like this when I lived in a town that was at 7000 feet elevation. I did every test under the sun again, but found nothing. I lost litter afer litter. They would get to be 7 days old and then start "fading" one by one. So, on my last litter, I had a friend whelp the litter at a lower elevation, around 2000 feet, and the pups all lived. I dont know what was going on at the higher altitude. I cleaned with bleach only, I changed all my breeders out for new bloodlines, nothing I did helped. I read that pre-mi human babies had to be air-vaced to a lower elevation as there was not enough oxygen at 7000 feet for them to survive. I eventually moved to a lower elevation and have never had a problem. Just a thought, Lynn
yorkiekist is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!