View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 07:31 AM   #9
PuppyLovinNurse
Chloe's Mommy!
Donating Member

Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the responses.

I think the main reason I don't want to go to the doctor is that I'm afraid to breakdown & just have an all out sob session in front of the doctor. My doctor is a 70-ish year old man so I feel weird & uncomfortable around him as it is...let along bawling. There's no one accepting new patients here, though.

I suppose I could try the walk-in clinic, I never thought about that until just now. But I'm not sure they would prescribe any long-term meds since they aren't long-term doctors. I guess I can try...but that means waiting ALL day at the office to be seen which is the last thing I need.

The website (www.bipolarhappens.com) is opened in another browser and I'm getting ready to read what I can before I have to go to that stupid BBQ today.

I really never even considered BPD. My first cousin was just diagnosed w/ it last year. It makes sense though. We are very alike (looks, too) and we've both always had asthma & been very prone to pneumonia, chest colds, etc, so I don't see why mental would be any different. I really just never connected it. Always pushed it aside as I'm just having a bad day.

Again, thanks
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!