View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

We use The Honest Kitchen, which is freeze-dried raw that you rehydrate to use. It smells kind-of like chicken soup and if you let it sit per the directions after mixing, has a fairly firm consistency. We use both the Force and Embark.

The girls get about 1/4 cup for dinner and I usually hydrate about 2 cups at a time. I just use a container and refrigerate. This makes the consistency a little firmer and doesn't hurt the quality of the food.

This is what my girls get for dinner. For breakfast, they get yogurt with Missing Link added and fruit throughout the day. Sometimes they will munch on a little kibble.

Stools have a slightly green color (similar to the food when mixed), dry up really fast and eventually just kind of blow away.

The first time I ordered, I went with 2 - 4 lb bags ordered direct from the company. This lasted me a little over two months and was $80 with shipping. When I re-ordered, I got a 10 lb bag from a pet store selling through Amazon.com that was only $60. I expect this will last me about 3 months.

P.S. Where in Michigan are you??????
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!