View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 02:09 AM   #8
lovmyyorkie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolette View Post
Hi
It sounds like a collapsing trachea, how old is he ? does it happen when he is excited ? when he drinks water ? I have been dealing with this horible disease for 4 years with my Darla .
I have been dealing with this for 10 yrs, but in the last 5 have been the worst. The first 3 of the 5 where real bad, but the last two years have been the best.

Buffy is 10 1/2 yrs old, she has a heart murmur that was only caught at 5 yrs ago and also has chronic bronchitis top off with sinus allergies. She is on 4 diff. meds every day and is always fighting ear, eyes, nose or chest infections.

For 2 yrs the idiot vet I had for 20 yrs gave me nothing for Buffy but just told me that this was very common with this breed it took a groomer at Petco to tell me Buffy's heart murmur sound bad, and I had never to the groomer anything about Buffy's health

I asked for the name and address of her vet and when I got there the Doctor was mad at me, because of the BAD condition Buffy was in.

He told me she was so bad, that if she was a human doctors would have put her in a coma because her heart could have just stop by over working trying to breathe!

Sorry overone I get very upset when I start to remember all this and I don't like offerning help that mush for this reason, I almost lost her 3 times before her health got under some control. Lately I've been ok talking about this, even tho right now this weather is starting to bother her. It's too hot the air is very dry.

You all stay cool and safe.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!