View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 08:35 AM   #8
myjordash
YT Addict

I am so sorry for your loss. I posted to you the other day about how I lost my puppy on January 16th. It was so very sad for us as well. And like you said mine was sick since the day we got him. My daughter is 4 and I told her that our dog needed extra care that we couldn't give him so he had to stay where he was so that he can get the care that he needed. I am sure my daughter thinks that the Vet is taking care of him, but I didn't want her to go through the pain right now of telling her he was in heaven. It is a personal choice depending on how you feel your son will best handle this. I told my daughter one time that I had a dog and when she asked where he is I said in heaven because he had died and to this day she stills talk about him and asks questions. I can tell it really really bothered her that he isn't here anymore, and I knew she wouldn't be able to handle the pain of our puppy dying as well. I just wanted to give you some options, and tell you what worked best for us. I since bought a new yorkie pup this weekend and he seems to be doing very well. I bought a bigger one this time, (weighs more) and he is very playful. I now have to take legal action against my breeder as I found out she has done this to others and refuses to make things right.

Good luck to you and your family and my prayers are with your Dexter and my Mickey who are in heaven together.

Audrey
myjordash is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!