View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
asganga66
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default HELP!! - Another Potty Training Question

Hi everyone, I need some serious help with Kiki and her potty training. We picked Kiki up from a breeder at 16 weeks and she was already pee pad trained. (She is now almost 9 months).

Because I am a stay-at-home mom, we opted to use the X-pen set up for her rather than a crate. Her X-pen is in our family room with her bed inside, pee pad, food/water and toys. This is where she stays when we can't keep an eye on her or I have to run errands and she can't come with me. So the problem is she will only pee and poop in her X-pen on her pad. She goes for a walk every night and in the four months we have had her, she has only peed twice outside. When she did, I immediately praised her and gave her treats. I don't mind that she only goes inside on her pad, but the BIG problem is when we take her out with us to someone else's house, I always take a pee pad with us and set it down where she can see it. She will never go at someone else's house and will hold it until we get home and she is back in her pen. This is all wonderful as I know she will never have an accident but yesterday I had to go out all day so I decided to bring Kiki to my mom's house for dogsitting and I brought the X-pen, bed, toys, etc and set it up exactly like at home. She went in and out of her pen all day long at my mom's house but didn't pee or poop once in the 8 hours she was there. The minute we brought her home and set up her pen she peed and pooped.

I don't know what to do ... I am scared she is going to get sick from holding it so much. I even bring pads with pee on them so she knows she should go but she just holds it.

Sorry this post is so long, but I am scared what would happen if we had to go away overnight or went away on vacation.

Thanks everyone .. I hoping for some good answers

Anna

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/511397
asganga66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!